Sunday, January 8, 2017

I Blinked And I Missed It.

When you don't blog for a long time, it's hard to get back into it because there are so many events to recount and write down! Here's my best attempt.

Thanksgiving came and went in a flash. We ran our annual Turkey Trot the morning of and then had lunch with my family, and dinner with Brad's. It's been so long I don't remember much more than that!




December was one CRAZY month! I'm beginning to understand what people mean when they say that the Holidays are the busiest time of the year. If felt like we had something every single night!

One of the highlights of the month was visiting my Dad's office for their annual Santa day! The office throws a HUGE party for all the children/grandchildren to come in and do crafts, eat treats, and see Santa! It was a magical and Caleb loved sitting on Santa's lap. He still says "Thank you for Santa" every night in his prayers and I love it.

 

They also had professional face painters come and Caleb was SO excited to get his done. I was hesitant because I didn't think he could sit still for that long, but he totally did! And the finished product made me laugh all night long. 


After our party we met up with Brad and we took the kiddos to see the temple lights. A December must.


Here is my baby at 4 months. She's the smiliest, happiest little chunk i've ever seen and I die over her. 

Caleb is also the best big brother. He is nice and gentle and loves making her laugh. They are going to be quite the pair in a couple months.


We are so lucky to have so many cousins nearby. Caleb thinks that all of his friends are his "cousins" and I don't correct him. Taken on baby Ben's blessing day.



Another highlight of the month was the Walnut Creek Half Marathon. My mom hasn't run a half in over two years due to injuries, and Brad hasn't run one in three years so it was a happy day that we all got to run together!...even though it was rainy and freezing!




Ugly sweater party with some Dental couples...an obligatory December activity. 


Another day I went with some of the Dental Wives do Christmas in the city. We saw the tree at Union Square and then walked a quarter mile straight up hill to the Fairmont to see the Gingerbread house. 
I get an A+ for chasing down a toddler and keeping a 4 month old happy the whole time. 





Can you tell I can't get enough of her?


 My family also went and saw The Lion King one night in the city! I saw it in Vegas back in 2010, but I had forgotten a lot of it and so it was so cool to see it again!


Right before Christmas my family took a quick trip up to Tahoe. We had planned to ski, but a huge storm came in and the resorts were closed so we ended up just sledding and playing games. It was a blast and Caleb LOVED being in the snow. I LOVED seeing my kids in puffy snow outfits.








We got back on Christmas Eve and spent the night with the Coons at the Peirce family gathering. Caleb wrote his note to Santa, laid out cookies, and we all went to sleep early. 


Christmas fell on a Sunday this year, so after doing stocking and presents at the Coons we all got ready for church! It was just sacrament meeting, but I loved being able to take time to worship on the actual day of Jesus' birth! Plus, Adelaide got to wear her santa hat with her Christmas dress and it was dannng cute. 


After church we went over to my parents and did more stockings and presents. Caleb was in Christmas heaven. It was so fun to see him excited about everything. Watching life through your children's eyes is the best. 



Christmas came and went, but Brad still had two weeks off school so the party continued! Kara and Taylor gave us a couples massage for our sibling gift exchange so we cashed in on that REAL quick.


We also took the kids to Six Flags, took lots of naps, went to the movies, and were just happy to be together.




2016 was a fantastic year and we are so grateful for all the blessings that we have been given. We can't wait to see what 2017 brings us!



No comments:

Post a Comment