Sunday, July 17, 2016

39 Weeks!

I can't believe I am almost to the finish line! This pregnancy has gone by SO much faster than Caleb's and I am so excited to have my baby girl here in my arms!

The past couple days I have really buckled down and gotten everything ready so now she can come anytime she wants. *hint hint*

First off, a couple weeks ago my friend Jenn threw me a beautiful baby shower at her beautiful home. I know I totally don't deserve it because this is my second child, but it was so nice to get all the extra things I need i.e. girl clothes! I am always amazed at how blessed we are to have so many friends and family who support us. Baby girl is going to be loved!








 This picture is just too perfect to not post:






Here's the pregnancy update. Hopefully this will be the last one!

How far along: 39 weeks 1 day...but who's counting?

Total weight gain: I have completely stopped keeping track but I think it is around 15 lbs. I feel good and healthy so that's all that matters.

Maternity clothes: I am VERY ready to get back to normal clothes again.

Sleep: I still sleep really well at night thanks to exercising. I also usually take a nap or just lie down when Caleb does. I want to be rested when this baby decides to come!

Best moment of the week: Last night I woke up with some pretty strong cramping and it made me very excited! Things are happening! 

Miss anything: Being able to sleep on my stomach. And bending over without feeling like I am squishing a human being between my rib cage and hip bone:)

Movement: She has gotten a lot stronger these past couple weeks and sometimes I feel like she is trying to climb out of me! I've noticed that she's dropped a little bit because she isn't as much in my ribs as she was before. 

Food cravings: CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. I want them every single night before I go to bed. I am doing pretty good at not over indulging as in I only make them about once a week.

Anything making you queasy or sick: On Saturday when we flew home from Las Vegas Brad and I grabbed a Jamba Juice before we got on the plane. I think that, mixed with flying, mixed not getting much sleep the night, made me super sick on the plane and I threw everything up. Luckily I made it to the bathroom in time, but it was still pretty horrifying.  Hopefully this means my hormones are kicking into high gear!

Belly button in or out: Very much out. 
Wedding rings on or off: Still on! I didn't know if I would make it through the whole pregnancy with them on, but it still fits great!
Happy or moody most of the time: I am very happy! I do have minor freak outs here and there but I am feeling pretty calm. Having Caleb there was a lot unknown and now I know what is coming so it helps in some ways and not in others. I know how much work it is going to be and I get nervous how Caleb will be with a new baby but I am so excited to have a little newborn to hold and cuddle. I try to remember that everything will work out and we will get through it. Having a baby is a ton of work, but there is so much joy as well.
Looking forward to: Believe it or not I am excited for labor! I can't wait to go through it all again and this time be a little more experienced. I am one of those crazy people who enjoys the process and looks forward to the challenge.

36 weeks:

38 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment