Thursday, May 12, 2016

Celebrate!

This year I had one of the best birthdays:) It was nothing super exciting, but just happy where I am at and grateful for all the people in my life.

The Sunday before my birthday my parents celebrated with dinner at their house. I wanted to make dinner so I made honey lime enchiladas and my mom bought me a Nothing Bundt Cake for dessert...ie the best. Megan, Parker, Hudson, and Adam all came over so it was a happy day.
My beautiful birthday flowers from Megan!
On my actual birthday I started off by teaching back to back Pump and PiYo. I showed up to class and they had all signed a card and brought me birthday cake Oreos. I LOVE that the gym isn't only for working out...everyone is such good friends!



 In the afternoon both Caleb and I napped and when he woke up I dropped him off with my mom and Annie so Teresa, Alyssa and I could go get Mani/Pedis. After our salon visit I went back to my parents house and hung out until Brad got home at 6 (a birthday miracle, he made it home before sunset!).

Lots of calls from friends and family made it even more special!
Brad got home from school, we ate a quick dinner and then headed to the temple with Greg, Teresa, and Alyssa to do baptisms. Brad's uncle (Greg's brother) had passed away while Brad was on his mission so Teresa waited until he could go and do his work. It was a very special night and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.



On the way home we stopped and got ice cream sandwiches at Cream which was deeeeelicious.


Because we didn't get to really celebrate the night of, Brad and I went to Cheesecake Factory together on Friday night and then walked over to the theater to see Zootopia. Super cute movie. 


But the birthday celebrations don't end there!

I love that I get to have my birthday close to Caleb's...it means the celebration never stops!

We decided to throw Caleb a birthday party this year because who knows if we will be able to next year with two kids. He has loved Elmo and swimming recently so we threw a pool party/bbq! It was super low key but so fun to have all our friends and family come celebrate with us. He is one lucky kiddo.

The birthday boy:

 



The decor:




Some of the guests:

 

My crazy 2 year old who has NO FEAR of water:



The pinata:

 


 




The cake/presents:

 


Our happy family:


In between his party and actual birthday we also celebrated Mother's Day. Brad made me feel very loved and appreciated. I am so grateful that I get to be a mom...there is nothing as I'd rather do!


For Caleb's actual birthday him and I did his favorite things throughout the day. After the gym in the morning we stopped by the library to get some new books. When we got home I let him go swimming while we facetimed dad at school. After his nap we picked Annie up at school and went to the park. That night for dinner we went to Chick-Fil-A because he loves chicken and the play place. After dinner we met Brad and he got to blow out more candles and open his final present...a nerf gun!







Phew! I have loved celebrating with him, but good thing birthdays only come once a year...I need that time to recuperate!


No comments:

Post a Comment