Thursday, May 19, 2016

30 Weeks!

How is it possible I am already 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy?! I have so many mixed emotions right now but I am most of all so excited to meet our little girl. The best thing about pregnancy number 2 is that you know how wonderful the next couple months are going to be. Instead of facing the unknown I am looking forward to what is to come. I know that it will be hard with 2 kids this time and that there won't be much sleeping involved, but I can't wait to meet that sweet spirit Heavenly Father will send down to us! I can't wait for Brad to kiss his little girl and for Caleb to love on his little sister. These are special moments in my life and I don't want to miss any of it.

Here's the pregnancy update:

How far along: 30 Weeks!


Total weight gain: 10 lbs. My weight gain has been so hit and miss this pregnancy. I will go weeks and not gain anything and then one week, BAM 2 lbs. I feel good about how I look and feel so I am not worried about it.

Maternity clothes:  I have mostly changed over to pregnancy clothes. My pants still fit for the most part, but when it's warm I wear my pregnancy shorts or capris because they are just more comfortable. My normal shirts are getting harder to wear unless I want my belly to stick out. 

Sleep: My favorite thing ever. I slept great the whole pregnancy with Caleb and this one has been just as good. I think half of it is the fact that I exercise so when I hit that pillow my body is TIRED, and half because I have the best body pillow in the world. If you are pregnant and don't have one, get one. In fact, you don't even have to be pregnant to need one. I sleep with mine even when i'm not. 
Best moment of this week:  Finding out that I don't have Placenta Previa anymore! At my 20 week ultrasound the Dr. found that I had marginal placenta previa which means the placenta had grown slightly over the cervix. This doesn't work out so well because when the uterus starts to contract and the cervix dilates during labor the placenta can detach causing the mom and baby to bleed to death. It's not life threatening if they know about it, but most often they will make you get a C-section around 38 weeks to be safe. When they found it at 20 weeks they weren't too worried because as the uterus gets bigger a lot of the times the placenta will shift upward, but I went back yesterday and it has moved up! It's still not as high as they want it (it's called a low lying placenta) so I will go back in 4 weeks just to make sure it is still moving up. If so, we're in the clear. Prayers are appreciated! 
Miss anything: Running fast. I am still running, but i'm pretty sure i've lost about 2 minutes of my per mile pace. I know I will be fine after the baby, but it sure makes running more of a mental challenge when it takes so much longer to go the same distance. Also, when you've got a baby sitting on your bladder it's a little less comfortable :/.
Movement: She loves to move just like her mama! 
Food cravings: I still love sweets and carbs, but I can pretty much eat anything and feel great.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Right after I exercise if I don't eat anything and drink a big drink of water I get soooo nauseous. Like, gagging over the toilet. It's no fun, but i've learned how to fix it so we're all good. 
Have you started to show yet: Ummm, yes. I feel wayyyy bigger than I was with Caleb at 30 weeks. I know it's totally normal to get bigger with your second, but it's hard mentally! I still have 10 weeks left!!
Gender: GIRL!
Belly button in or out: Out. I am pretty sure I am quite the scene when I am teaching my classes as my belly button sticks out super far when I brace my abs...
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy. And excited!
Looking forward to: Going through all my baby items and setting them up! 

26 weeks
30 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment