Sunday, March 6, 2016

Pregnancy Update: 20 Weeks

I am officially half way through pregnancy and can't believe it! People always said the second one goes way faster than the first one and they were right!

Our exciting news was that this week we found out we are having a GIRL!!!!! We couldn't be happier. The whole pregnancy I have felt like/wanted it to be a girl and I was so relieved to find out that  I was right. I really wanted one of each Brad's prayers for a little daughter have come true:)

I was so sad that Brad couldn't come to the ultrasound with me, but I called him right after to tell him the big news! We celebrated that night with cupcakes.


How far along: 20 weeks! Baby is the size of a mango and the length of a banana:)
20 week bump!
Total weight gain: I haven't jumped on the scale recently but at my last dr. appt it was 5 lbs. This is a little surprising to me because I feel like my body has changed a lot. With Caleb I felt like I really only gained weight in my stomach but this pregnancy I feel like I am gaining weight everywhere! 
Maternity clothes: All my "normal" clothes are still fitting but some of my jeans are becoming a little tight. It might be time to bust out the rubber band trick in the next couple weeks ;)
Sleep: It's amazing how much more energy I have had in the past couple weeks. Caleb has adjusted his sleep schedule and has been getting up earlier (between 6:30-7am) and I thought I would hate it, but I have been loving it! It's so nice to start our day early and relax before I teach classes. As long as I get to bed at a reasonable time the night before I am usually awake laying in bed by 6:30am. He chose good timing to switch wake up times because had he chosen to do this 5 weeks ago I would have been a walking zombie...
Best moment of this week: Finding out we are having a girl! The day we found out I could not stop smiling. I have been on a high ever since. I also just love the 20 week ultrasound. It is so fun to see your baby for the first time and connect with the tiny person growing inside you. 
She looks like an alien version of Caleb!
Miss anything: I wish I didn't have to pee as often as I do. Especially doing burpees in TRX and high knees in bodycombat (eeek!)
Movement: YES! She is quite the active little baby and Brad has even felt her move when we are laying in bed at night! 
Food cravings: My food aversions are still pretty strong, but I don't really have many "cravings". I have been enjoying eggs a lot recently. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still don't like hamburgers or mexican food. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes! Although I still feel like it just looks like I have some extra fat around my mid section. 
This picture was post teaching a back to back pump/combat class at 18 weeks. I do get a lot of crazy looks when I tell my class I am 5 months pregnant, but I can't stop won't stop. I feel so much better when I exercise and I think baby girl does too...the jumping just lulls her right to sleep;)
Week 19

Gender: GIRL!
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy. The sun has been shining the past couple weeks and I love being able to  be outside. I find that when I get cooped up I go a little crazy.
Looking forward to: Brad finishing his 3rd quarter in dental school and our trip to Hawaii!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment