Monday, February 8, 2016

Pregnancy Update: Week 16

Here's the big news!


I am going to try to do a pregnancy update every couple weeks, and since the word is finally out, here's the first one! 
How far along: 16 weeks!
Total weight gain: 4 lbs. Considering I pretty much eat anything in sight, this is a good number for me! I'm hoping that my continued exercise will help keep me in shape and not gain TOO much weight. Last pregnancy I didn't have much of an apetite, but this time around I am constantly hungry. 
Maternity clothes: Not yet, my pants still fit! There is a little belly popping out now, but everything is still fitting pretty well.
Sleep: The first trimester I was SO tired. Like I had to sleep at least 10 hours at night and still take an hour nap during the day to keep myself functional. But week 13 my energy finally came back! I am back to sleeping about 8 hours at night and don't have to take a nap during the day(although sometimes I still do...because I can:)).
Best moment of this week: Announcing the pregnancy. I wasn't in any real rush to start telling everyone about the pregnancy because I didn't want my bosses to find out and have it affect some classes I am still trying to pick up, but with my belly growing I felt like it was time to tell everyone. There's always more excitement when everyone else knows.
Miss anything: I really miss eating normal, healthy foods. For some reason I can't stomach vegetables very well and the thought of eating a burrito (my all-time favorite food) makes me want to gag. It's so weird! 
Movement: I sometimes think I can feel little kicks here and there, but I am not quite sure yet. 
Food cravings: CARBS. CARBS. AND MORE CARBS. I have never been a bread person, but not I can't get enough. I also love fruit, but thats probably because they are considered carbs...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Vegetables, hamburgers, burritos, strong smells, and brushing my teeth.
Have you started to show yet: Everyone says no, but there is definitely a difference between week 4 and 16. Please don't mind the messy dresser....
 

More week pictures:

Week 7

Week 8

Week 11

Gender: We find out March 2nd!
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy. I do get emotional more than normal, but that's to be expected.
Looking forward to: Finding out baby's gender in a couple weeks! 

1 comment: