Monday, January 4, 2016

December 2015

We started December off by me running my 6th half marathon in Walnut Creek. My mom has originally planned to run with me but she has a bad knee so she came as my cheerleader instead. I didn't train as well as I probably should have for this run, but I ended with a finishing time of 1:47:47 so I was pretty happy. No PR this time, but that was to be expected.


Brad finished his finals on the 18th and then took about 2 days to recuperate from the trauma. It was so nice to finally have him home and not have him thinking about assignments/tests all the time.

 


On the 19th all the Coons siblings got together and took Greg and Teresa out to dinner to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. I am so grateful I married into such a good family and have such great examples as in-laws.


The next couple days were spent with family and trying to prepare for Christmas. Kara and Taylor and their boys came home from Michigan for the holidays so we made sure to spend as much time with them as we could.

 

We took Caleb to see Santa one day and I think we may have scarred him forever...



Christmas was so fun with Caleb and watching him open all his presents. I think we might have gone a little overboard, but what can you do when you only have 1 child? Might as well spoil him while we can. He LOVES his new basketball hoop and every morning when he gets out of bed he grabs his basketball and shoots hoops before breakfast. Brad got me some new earrings and I got him a voucher to go drive sport cars around a racing track.







We spent both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day splitting time between families which makes it a little crazy but totally worth it. Why not do everything if we can??

I still had to teach classes during Christmas Break, but we were able to get away for a day and drive up to Tahoe to listen to a time share presentation. We dropped Caleb off at Emily and Aaron's in Rocklin and then went up for the day with just the two of us. Of course we didn't buy into the time share(hello poor dental students), but we got a free vacation to Southern California out of it!



New Years Eve we were a lame old couple and just decided to spend the night at home. We had a nice steak dinner and then watched a movie and went to bed early. I feel like I must have officially hit adulthood because staying up until midnight just does not seem like a party to me. Celebrating at 9pm meant me being much happier. 



One of the great things about winter break is having Brad be off of school and having our husband/dad back for 2 weeks...but one of the worst things about winter break is that we have to send him back to school and say goodbye for another 2 months. See you in March, Brad!


No comments:

Post a Comment