Tuesday, July 21, 2015

North Carolina

Caleb and I just got back from a trip out to North Carolina with my family. My oldest niece, Kate got baptized and my parents let me tag along so I could see my sister Amber and her family. Brad started dental school on the day we left so he couldn't come with us, but we still managed to have a blast. 

I haven't seen Amber (or met her youngest son!) in almost two years so seeing each other was very much needed. We are keeping our fingers crossed that they move back to California in two years after their fellowship. 

We flew out early on a Friday morning and spent pretty much the whole day flying. I was really worried how Caleb would do, but he was great! Keeping a one year old in a confined amount of space for any period of time is rough, but we didn't have any enemies when we got off the flight so I am gonna count that as a win. 

Saturday was the baptism so we showed up at the church nice and early to set up. The baptism was really special and I was so glad I got to be there. Kate is a beautiful girl and I love that I get to watch her grow up!

 

After the baptism Amber and TJ took me to the gym for a nice sweat session before heading back to the their house for dinner. 

The best family photo of all three of us we could get on this vacay. 
Amber is a stellar cook and we ate like royalty the whole week. This is the only picture I got of our food, but I am salivating just looking at it. 


On Sunday we went to church and then packed up and drove to Williamsburg, Virginia to spend a couple days there. 

Taking pictures during sacrament meeting is considered reverent, right?
Monday we did historical Williamsburg. Rainstorms, humidity, and all. It was really cool to see the colony and learn a little bit more about the revolutionary war, but I could definitely do without the heat and sweating all day. I am a big fat wuss when it comes to humidity.



 



Luckily Tuesday was less hot because we spent all day at Busch Gardens Amusement Park. My mom stayed at the hotel will the babies all day (THANK YOU!) so we were able to go crazy. The park had tons of roller coasters and no lines so we went from coaster to coaster all day. By 3 pm my head felt like it would explode but we had such a good time.



Did I mention Caleb learned to walk in NC?!? He literally stood up and just started walking one day. Probably so he could keep up with his cousins....but learning to walk is hard, as expressed through the multiple head injuries he got throughout the week. Oops.


After our long day at the park we all dressed up in ("tired" as max would say) cow outfits to get free dinner at Chick-Fil-A. The trash bags/sweat bags lasted long enough to order our food before they ended up back in the trash.

    


We obviously hadn't exhausted ourselves enough so the next morning we went to Water Country USA for the day. This time my dad stayed back with the babies (THANK YOU!) so we didn't have to worry about them in the water. I lasted about three hours before I was ready to go home and take a nap. The lines were way longer than Busch Gardens and I just didn't have the patience. We had a long drive back to Durham that night so we decided to buy funnel cakes and go home early. It was a good idea. 



The next couple days we spent at Amber and TJ's enjoying our time together and recuperating from the beginning of the week. Caleb loved having all the cousins around and they made sure to get into as many cabinets as possible. I loved going to Amber's classes and being with all the kiddos. I just wish they lived closer! My two sisters (and their kids) live way too far away now and I hate it.








This picture kills me
The boys last picture together.


We left Saturday morning and had an even longer day flying home. Caleb entertained us the whole way and I still love him so we are counting it as another flying win. 


Brad and Caleb's reunion might have been the cutest thing I have ever seen. Their relationship makes me die. The love is almost palpable. 




1 comment:

  1. Your outfits the whole time were cute. I like the pink shirt and striped dress. I don't really understand the black and white shorts. Were they pants at one point?

    ReplyDelete