Thursday, May 14, 2015

One Year

It's hard to believe my little tiny baby has grown up so fast! This past year has been so full of joy and love it's hard to believe it is all behind us. Time has flown by so fast but at the same time I can't believe Caleb has only been with us for one year. It feels like he has always been apart of us forever and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This past year I have learned a lot about myself and being a mother. My family is the most important thing in my life and raising Caleb (and my future children) brings me so much happiness and fulfillment. I have loved every second of it. Not an ounce of me wishes I was doing something else. I have such a firm testimony in the plan of salvation and I know that my eternal role is that of a mother.

I am so afraid that one day I will wake up and forget this first year, so I want to go through each month and write down some of my favorite memories.

1st month:

I remember how precious you were the second they placed you on my chest. I kept saying "he is just so sweet!" It wasn't just that you were a newborn and so tiny, but you have a special spirit. You  demeanor is calm and loving. When people would hold you they would comment on your calming nature and how you were just so peaceful. I agree. Those first couple days with you were a whirlwind of emotion but I just remember how much love burst through our hearts and home.


Your first real (and only) crying episode was in the hospital the second night. You cried for about 2 hours and Brad and I had no idea what to do. We were freaked. Luckily that was a one time deal. You haven't cried uncontrollably since. 




I have never gotten so little sleep, but it was worth every second. Those quiet hours late in the night were so special, just you and I.

This first month was the most precious in my mind and I just want to remember every experience! 




2nd Month:

At six weeks old we took you home to California to meet all your family for the first time. We also got a chance to take you in the pool for the first time, and you loved it! Your poor little face had such bad baby acne, but luckily it went away around 7 weeks. 








3rd Month

By month three you were holding your head up really well during tummy time and smiling at pretty much everyone. Your personality really started to show through and I loved watching you start to interact with people. In the morning we would put you between us in bed and let you sleep a little more. Then when you would wake up you would just lay there and "coo" and smile. It was the perfect way to wake up in the morning. I also loved watching you bond with your dad. I hope one day you will be just like him. 

 






4th Month

During this month we moved you from the bassinet in our room to the crib in your room. I hated having you so far away but it was good to get a better sleep at night. You also learned how to roll from tummy to back and started eating rice cereal. Nursing was just not giving you enough calories so we supplemented with olive oil in your food. I hated that you weren't very good at eating, but grateful I got to nurse you for as long as I did. It was really important to me. 





5th Month 

My favorite thing this month was that you learned how to blow raspberries. And also how stinkin cute you looked in all things Halloween. 

 

 




 

6th Month 

This month you discovered chewing on noses and it was so entertaining! We quickly learned that it actually hurt a ton, but it was still so funny that we still let you do it. We also stopped swaddling you during the night and you instantly started sleeping on your tummy with your bum in the air. Every night we would come in and just watch you sleep. Such perfection. 








7th Month 

Your first Christmas! You loved being home surrounded by all those cousins. You just sat and watch them and I could see in your eyes how excited you were to one day keep up with them. During this month you also learned to sleep through the night. Hallelujah! 

 






8th Month 

My once soft, gentle baby turned into an active, ruff and tumble little boy this month. Everyone would always comment on how handsome you are and I agree.


We also took you to Hawaii! Lucky boy. You loved eating sand and getting lathered in sun screen.




9th Month 

This month it really hit me that you weren't a baby anymore. You started doing your "wounded soldier" army crawl and getting into EVERYTHING! One day I came into your room after your nap and you were STANDING up in your crib. Scary. 




 



10th Month

Welcome to crazy baby mode! If I don't keep my eyes on you you head straight to the bathroom and go crazy with the toilet paper. It was cute the first couple times, but now we've learned to close the door. You also finally learned to crawl on all fours! I feel so lucky to be your mom and watch your personality develop. You are so entertaining!







11 Month

You finally got your first tooth! I am pretty sure you will learn to walk very soon, you just need a little more balance. We also moved to California and you have adjusted perfectly!





Caleb, don't ever forget how much we love you. I couldn't imagine a better year and I am so grateful you are healthy and happy. Life is just going to keep getting better and better with you! 








No comments:

Post a Comment