Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas 2014

We had the most wonderful time at home for the Holidays. It is always super busy and the 2 weeks always go by way too fast but it helped knowing we will be back in a couple months!

One of the first activities that ensued was fast karting at an indoor speedway in Livermore. Turns out my husband is a driving champ. He had the fastest time for the whole week! He's thinking about postponing dental school and trying to go pro...



Group selfie afterward


The next night the Remington's had us over for their annual white elephant party. We played hilarious games (as always) and started a new tradition of doing a polar dip in their FREEZING pool. My dad bribed us by throwing bags of money in the pool. The more bags you grabbed, the more money. Needless to say Brad and I killed it...




Christmas eve started at the Coons house for their annual Peirce party. Caleb got the honorary role of baby Jesus because he is the youngest grand baby. We planned that. 





Christmas morning we went over to my house early and opened stockings and presents with my family. We then went back to the Coons for breakfast and more presents. Brad spoiled me this year and got me a new Lululemon gym bag. I didn't even know I wanted it until he gave it to me. He wins. 2 Christmas mornings is the best! 




Coons Christmas tradition: Greg's eggs benedict. I can't wait till next year....


That night for dinner we all went over to Matt and Lyndsey's house for an italian feast. It was deeeeelicious. And I couldn't get over the table decorations. So beautiful. I made a salted caramel chocolate cake for dessert. The best way to end the day:)



After the craziness of Christmas we tried as best we could to relax and enjoy our vacation playing games, going on hikes, eating food etc. There's nothing better than spending time with family.



 







One day we ventured into the city to go check out the Golden Gate. We picked THE windiest day but it was still beautiful. No fog!

Caleb had to hold on with two hands as we crossed the Bay Bridge...




We almost blew away...


After walking the bridge we drove over on the Marin side and explored the coast. It was the perfect view, but what was so amazing were all the bunkers and forts lining the road. Definitely a hidden treasure. I can't wait to see more of the city when we live there!





I didn't take any pictures of New Year's Eve, but we spent the night at my house playing games and eating too much food with friends. Can't think of a better way to ring in the new year.

Our last hurrah for the week was taking Annie ice skating in Walnut Creek while Brad went to the Sharks game. The perfect ending to a perfect vaca. 



Caleb was so sad to leave he fussed the whole plane ride home...but we still love him:)


Here's to 2015!!

1 comment:

  1. ok you freakin babe! you rock that gym bag. you're so skinny. and i love you. and i can't wait to explore the city together!! :)

    ReplyDelete