Wednesday, January 14, 2015

8 Months!

I know I say this every time, but it's hard to believe I have an 8 month old! It seems like he gets bigger and bigger every day and some of the time I wish I could push pause on life, but mostly I love watching him grow. 




Here are some of the things he has learned this last month:

My little man is getting VERY mobile! He has started doing his own version of an army crawl and it is hilarious to watch. I have to keep an eye on him though because he always seems to end up with some cord across the room (time to baby proof?).  I think we might have a crawler in the next couple 
weeks...


 


He will now eat solids other than pureed veggies and cereal! Last month if I brought food to his mouth he would clamp his lips shut and turn his head. Now he will try anything I give him! He isn't the best at chewing or swallowing yet, but I am sure it will come. His favorite foods now are yogurt, cheese, beans, and cheerios. Life is a lot less stressful when your baby eats! 

 


Caleb made my favorite development this last month and now SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! HALLELUJAH! I am a new woman. He usually goes to bed between 8 and 9 and sleeps to about 7, eats, then goes back to bed around 9 or 9:30. The other day he slept in till 10:45!!! I had to keep checking on him to make sure he was still breathing! We didn't do anything magical to make him sleep through the night, he just gradually worked his way into it. There were nights that we let him cry, but mostly he just did it all by himself. I'm sure we could have sleep trained him harder and gotten him to sleep through the night earlier, but I did what I was comfortable with and it worked for us:)
 


Some of my favorite things he does right now are:
-Imitates us blowing raspberries or shaking our head.
-He won't let us give him the binkie when we lay him down, I have to give it to him and he has to put it in himself. (independent much?)
-The way he chomps on his cheese...it's hilarious.
-The way he scoots like an inch worm on the ground. 
-When Brad comes home he instantly knows and goes CRAZY kicking and smiling. 


-He has started banging his head against everything. This is a trait I am told my dad had when he was little so I think I know where Caleb got it from...
-When we put him on the toilet he just sits there grinning. Then when I take him off, he poops....


This past month has been so fun! Brad and I will sometime put Caleb on the ground and just watch him to see what he does...it's amazing what you find entertaining when you're a parent. We love you, Caleb! 




No comments:

Post a Comment