Sunday, October 19, 2014

5 Months

I cannot believe my little Caleb is already 5 months old! These past 5 months have been filled with so much love and joy. Being his mom is the most special, rewarding, entertaining experience and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else.



Caleb gets more and more social everyday. He loves to smile at any and everyone. I love that he is so friendly and excited about life. He has a way of making everyone around him happy and I just love seeing him smile and laugh with people.

 



Caleb is still not a very good eater. He eats just enough and then wants to play and talk to me instead of eat. I haven't been too worried about it, but when we went for his check up he hasn't been growing as much as he should so we have been more dedicated with feedings. I have to make sure there are no distractions around and really focus on getting him enough food (ie force him to eat). When he wont eat anymore from me I try to give him a bottle and then when he wont take that anymore I will sometimes give him rice cereal. It's a struggle! He is still hitting all his milestones and developing great, he's just one small dude who doesn't like food that much. How is that possible coming from Brad and I?! 



His sleeping is getting better and better. My pediatrician told me I should be more disciplined about not feeding him in the middle of the night so we have been working on that. He's had a couple long cries but he always settles himself down and goes back to sleep. The other night he slept all the way til 6am, so I think it is working!




Caleb's LOVES taking baths. The second I put him in the tub he goes crazy kicking and screaming until I take him out. I have probably 10 movies on my phone, but none of them are G-rated so I'll spare him the embarrassment in about 15 years.




He also LOVES blowing raspberries all the time. I literally get a second shower most days because he spits so much! 



He also has started grabbing at everything...including hair. He really likes his toys and putting everything in his mouth. I love watching his motor skills develop. He's definitely not a newborn anymore! 



Brad and I literally die all day every day over how much we love our son! After he goes to bed we lay in bed sharing videos of Caleb because we miss him when he sleeps! I feel so grateful that I not only have a beautiful, healthy baby boy, i've got a dedicated husband and father. I love my boys!


1 comment:

  1. Stop. He's so cute. I feel like I know him because his personality totally comes out through those pictures. Are you home for thanksgiving???

    ReplyDelete