Monday, September 8, 2014

Goodbye Summer!

With summer coming to a close and school/work starting for Brad we had to make the most of the last week of August. I think we did a pretty good job! There are so many things we want to do in Utah before we move away for dental school next year and the list just keeps getting longer and longer!

The first thing we had to do before leaving Utah is buy a gun. JK, but seriously. Everyone in Utah has a gun. Brad has been BEGGING to buy one for the past year and I finally gave in. Guns stress me out. 

A couple days after we bought it we took it up the canyon to shoot. I was really nervous, but I am beginning to feel more comfortable and actually had fun! It always helps when you "out shoot" your husband. Brad wouldn't let me take of picture of him with his target...

  


A couple days later we decided to hike Timpanogos Caves. We have wanted to do it for a long time and it did NOT disappoint!!! SO COOL! Everyone in Utah needs to go. It's about a mile and half hike up to the caves and then they take you on an hour guided tour through them. Caleb did wonderfully and we had so much fun. 


  


The Friday of Labor Day weekend Brad found out about a Sheep Dog festival up in Midway so we decided to check it out. We watched those dogs do all crazy sorts of things and had a wonderful day just hanging out together in the sun together. 







Oh. And we also did a hula-hoop contest. Brad's impressively good.

video

video


And our last hurrah was to go to Seven Peaks one last time with Kara and Taylor (they're back!!!!). Those season passes were the best 40 dollars I ever spent...




I am so sad to say goodbye to summer, but excited for the next couple months ahead. Brad started work full time last week and is squeezing 3 classes in during lunch and after work. Oh and he's also TAing 20 hours a week on campus. Oh ya, and he's also interviewing at dental schools all semester. My husband is a ROCK STAR.

And me? I am still teaching fitness classes every night and hanging out with this chunk of love:




2 comments:

  1. ��Love these updates! Love this baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are amazing doing all that fun stuff with a baby! We are lucky if we make it to the grocery store! Too fun. I have always wanted to do Timp caves! Next on my list for sure!

    ReplyDelete