Friday, August 15, 2014

3 Months!

I've got a lot to catch up on what we've been up to this summer and hopefully I'll get around to it soon, but my baby just turned three months and I want to document!

-Caleb is the happiest, squealiest little baby I have ever seen. He recently found his voice and will now squeal for about 15 minutes after every feeding (minus night time...that probably wouldn't go over so well).

video

-When he was a newborn he would HATE tummy time, but a couple weeks ago he figured out how to lift his head and shoulders so he is one happy camper.


-After reading a lot I decided to put Caleb on a pretty strict schedule a couple days after he was born. It has been GREAT for the both of us and I know this is my first baby, but I really think it has helped with his sleeping and happiness. He naps really well during the day (we are still working on sleeping through the night) and eats every 3 hours. 


-He LOVES the swaddle me. BEST. INVENTION. EVER. I think I would pay $50 for just one. His hands always seems to escape. Gets me every time. 


-While he is a great baby, he is not the best nurser. It definitely takes 2 hands on my part and a strong dedication to keep him latched. We are getting better and it is totally worth it. 

-A couple weeks ago he started sleeping around 7 hours at night and I thought we were good to go, but recently he has back-tracked. I am crossing my fingers that it is just a growth spurt but we will see. 

-He can now sit in the BUMBO! He sits on the counter while I cook dinner and we have a grand ol' time.  

-Caleb has been smiling since day one and I just can't get over that wide mouthed grin! 


-My little guy is still pretty small but he is gaining weight slowly and surely! He was in the 2% at his 2 month appointment but the doctor wasn't worried because he's always been small.



-Caleb found his hand a week ago and will NOT STOP sucking. I love when I am driving in the car and I can hear him go at it in his car seat. 

video

I just love my little guy so much and can't believe how fast the days go by! It's impossible to be sad or angry when he is around because he brings the best little spirit into the room. WE LOVE YOU CALEB!

2 comments:

  1. He is the cutest!!! Babies are the best. It already feels like he is growing up so fast. Way to go on the schedule. I tried with Preston and couldn't do it but it was a life saver with Tanner. Can't wait to see him (and you guys) again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweetheart! So glad I saw him at 2 months and 3 months! I like this pattern, hope I can keep it! ;)

    ReplyDelete