Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Starring Caleb

We just got back from going home for 10 days to bless Caleb and spend time with family. It went by way too fast as it always does, but we had a blast.

This is how excited we were when we got off the plane in California. So good to be home!


On Sunday we got to bless baby Caleb in the Alamo first ward. It was so nice to be surrounded by so much family and friends. Brad gave a wonderful blessing. He blessed Caleb with a heart full of love and his ability to share that love with others. I already can tell how much love he has. He is such a sweet, happy little boy! His little smile makes my heart melt into a thousand pieces. I love my family of three!!!













While we were home Caleb got LOTS of love from his cousins, aunts, and uncles. I hardly ever got to hold him, but that's ok, if you think my baby is as cute as I do I am more than happy to let you hold him:)


 


 We did a LOT of swimming while we were home. Caleb included. I loved every second.

 

 

One day we drove to a nearby lake and spent the day there. All the cousins played together in the water and sand while the moms (and Brad) sat on the beach drinking diet coke and hanging out. I have the best SILs/MIL








We had to leave the lake early because Brad had a private tour lined up with UoP dental school in San Francisco. It was a great tour and we know Brad is a competitive applicant, but we have very mixed feelings about the school. It is the only three year dental school in the country, but it is also located in one of the most expensive cities in the country. We do have the option of living at either of our homes, but then Brad would have to comment an hour each way as well as us not having our own place for THREE years. Brad and I loved the tour of the BRAND new school. He is also really impressed with the lay out of curriculum and the overall feeling of the place. We just have to wait and see if he gets an interview! 


After the tour we met up with my dad and brothers and ate dinner at the cheesecake factory. mmmm.


The next day was the Fourth of July. We had planned to go to the Danville parade but the thought of waking up early and getting out the door by 8 was too exhausting. Instead we slept in, went for a run, then went to play tennis with my fam. 


After getting nice and sweaty we went over to the Coons for a BBQ and swimming. Caleb met his great grandparents and showed off his awesome 4th of July onesie (thanks Lyndsey!)





We had planned to go watch fireworks in Pleasant Hill but we were exhausted so we went home and did this instead:


Our last hurrah before we left was to take the boat out. We took Matt and Lyndsey's family and all piled onto the boat. It was crazy and fun and stressful and exhausting. Caleb sat in my arms wearing his adorable infant life jacket. And that's the only picture I got, cause it's obviously the most important.


And a couple more pictures, because I die laughing when I see them. 

 


Rock on peeps


1 comment:

  1. I loved your week here! So sad it's over and you took Caleb away from us!

    ReplyDelete