Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Dear Baby Boy--One Last Post Before You Come

Dear Baby Boy,

As I sit here typing this letter you are happily moving around inside my belly. But the time will come when this part of our journey together will end and you will be born. I have a lot of mixed emotions thinking about you entering this world. I know you are safe in there and I wish it could stay that way forever. But I know that is not part of the plan and you will need to enter this world to experience all that it has to offer. I can't wait to watch you grow. I can't wait to see life again for the first time through your little eyes. I can't wait to see your smile and hold you close. I can't wait to watch your father become your hero and love you so very much. We already do love you, but I know that love will only just continue to grow.

I hope our home will be your safe haven away from the world. I hope you feel unconditional love not only from us, but from your Heavenly Father. Because he does love you. I hope you know how much I love your father. I hope someday that you can find a beautiful woman and take her to the temple to be sealed for forever. It has brought me the most happiness and I want that same thing for you. I hope you will be nice to everyone and love unconditionally. Look to your father's example and be excited to serve the Lord for two years on an LDS mission...it will teach you to serve others and how to be the best person on this Earth.

Our time together will go so fast and I hope I can soak in every waking moment. I hope that I can teach you everything you need to know to be successful in this world academically, socially, financially, and spiritually. I know that I will make mistakes as your mom but I hope you can forgive me and still know that I am trying my hardest. What a blessing it will be to be your mother! I love you and can't wait to meet you!

Love,
Mommy

**Written a week before you were born

1 comment:

  1. This seriously touched me today. You are an amazing woman Rach and one I look up to tons! Caleb is a lucky little boy!

    ReplyDelete