Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Busy Busy Busy

We've been very busy here in Provo this past week with finals, easter, my birthday, and prepping for baby. There's a lot of change happening and I am just trying to breath and not get overwhelmed with all the emotions! Here's an update on the happenings:

My last day of work was on Friday!!!! I have a couple days of paid vacation that I am now using to give me some time to prep for the baby. I have a huge list of things I want to get done before he comes and so far I have been pretty productive! On Friday I came home and we finally got the nursery and crib set up...It's finally feeling like he is actually going to join us soon! 

On Saturday morning Brad had a final and then Kara and I met up with him at an easter egg hunt put on by a girl in our ward. 



It was so fun! The girl who put on the hunt makes cat ponchos and ever since we have been in the ward I have wanted one. We finally got them by winning the raffle! I was so excited. 


We woke up early on Sunday to do easter baskets before church. All I need in my life is cadbury eggs and starburst jelly beans.


Church was pretty emotional because we were released from serving in the YSA ward. It was very bitter-sweet. We are excited for Brad to have some more time at home, but we will definitely miss serving with the other bishopric men and their families. It was such a great experience! 




Monday was my birthday! It was the best birthday for 2 reasons: I didn't have to work, and the weather was sunny and hot! I spent the morning with Brad before he headed off to work. In the afternoon Kara and I went and got our haircut before she moves ( :( ) and I have the baby. Annie and I then met up at Hokulia to get shaved ice...best birthday treat ever.  


I came home and did some cleaning before Brad got off work and brought me a fun little gift from Bath and Body Works. I told him the only thing I wanted for my birthday was a massage and pedicure so we are doing those later this week:) 


We went to dinner at Tucanos. You can never get enough garlic sirloin on your birthday WHILE being pregnant. 


After dinner we went on a nice walk (we've been doing those a lot lately) around the Riverwoods to try and get our food digested before cake and ice cream. We got home and a bunch of friends came over to celebrate. Kara made the most DELicious coconut cream cake. I was in heaven. 

 

I went to bed that night full, happy, and excited to be 24....it's gonna be a good year!

In other news, we've only got a week and a half before Baby Coons is due! Brad finishes finals today so he can now come anytime he wants...hint hint. Brad installed the car seat today and we are planning to get our bags packed soon. It's coming so fast! 


3 comments:

  1. Such an exciting and busy time!! I can't wait for this little guy to get here! And I'm loving the car seat cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eee! So excited for you, Rach! Your life is about to change forever! Such a special time for you guys! Can't wait to see you as a mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm do excited to meet this little boy!

    ReplyDelete