Thursday, April 3, 2014

Baby Showers!

I wanted to post this a lot earlier, but since Obama decided to extend open enrollment to the end of March I have literally been working like a dog. So now that it is April (and I am quitting soon...yay!) I can finally post about my baby showers!
 

At the beginning of March I was able to slip away for a quick weekend home. My SIL Lyndsey offered to throw me a baby shower and I willingly accepted. Unfortunately she got deathly ill the morning of the shower, but it still turned out absolutely perfect! I was amazed at how many people came and the outpouring of love I felt. It was wonderful!
 



 
I didn't get a picture of the food table, but you can believe it was amazing. About 30 minutes before the shower started Linda Reeve and Sandy Scott showed up to help decorate, both of whom were the ones that made our wedding so beautiful. On top of that Teresa, Anna, Emily, and Lyndsey had put together yummy yummy food. It was gone in about 20 minutes. 

 
I died over all the cute outfits and baby items we got. Baby is gonna me one well dressed dude. 

 



 

 
Lisa Curtis organized the group gift and boy was I overwhelmed with gratitude when I opened it. I was able to get my stroller and car seat as well as some other necessary items that we'll need. Brad and I feel so blessed!
 
 

 
The shower was thrown at Janie Nelson's home. She also gave me this gorgeous quilt. I am obsessed with it. In fact, I already had my bed spread picked out before the shower and after seeing this quilt I took everything back. I now am using the quilt as my theme and have bought all new bedding. I am excited!
 


 



After the party I had to get pictures with my favorite people.

  
 


 
 
 
My best friends from high school even came and mingled with the A1 women...they are awesome! Michelle is expecting her second boy in June and I am so excited!
 
 

How did I get so lucky with such amazing women in my life? I was sad Amber, Kara, Lyndsey, and Maclaine couldn't be there but 6 out of 10 is a pretty good number!


It was a perfect weekend!
 

Then last week Megan and Annie threw me another shower in Provo. It was nice to have a more intimate environment and be with my closest friends. We talked, ate, played games, and laughed for hours. About half of the attendees were either moms themselves or pregnant so it was fun to hear their advice and stories. I can't wait for May to come!



 
Megan and Annie made the most delicious food. I was so sad I didn't get a picture of the food in Alamo that I made sure to get one at this shower. Don't judge my picture taking skills...
 

 
 


 
 
I know I said it before, but both Brad and I feel so grateful and loved. We have been blessed with amazing family and friends that surround us and I know that our little baby boy is gonna be just as blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment