Monday, April 7, 2014

36 Weeks!

 
Maternity clothes?: You betcha.
 
Stretch marks?: Nope! My linea nigra has started to show and I kinda love it. I point it out to Brad all the time. Haha

Total weight gain: 4 lbs. I did gain a pound the last couple weeks, but then I lost it 2 weeks ago. I swear I eat a lot! My midwife isn't worried about my little weight gain so neither am I.

Sleep: Oh baby I love my sleep. Sometimes I do have to get up once in a night to go to the bathroom, but never more than that...for now at least. I am so proud of myself when I wake up in the morning and didn't have to go to the bathroom that night. It is quite the accomplishment. Recently I haven't been able to sleep past 8am and it is making me so angry!

 
 Movement:  His most active times are right when I wake up in the morning and late at night. It's always really fun when I wake up before my alarm but can't go back to sleep because he is moving so much! He hasn't started kicking me in the ribs yet so I am one happy momma:)

Food cravings:  Unfortunately my appetite has been really weak recently...so nothing ever sounds really good.
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I have been getting nausea in the mornings so I just have to make sure to eat something right when I wake up.
 
Miss Anything?:  Two words. Bladder control.
 
Best moment this week: General Conference! I can't wait until I get the Ensign so I can re read and study the talks. I am feeling very grateful for the gospel and our leaders. For those that don't know what GC is you can go here.
 
Belly Button in or out?: Out

Happy or moody most of the time: Before I got pregnant I thought I would be the most moody pregnant women because I am kind of an emotional person. But it has actually been the opposite! (Even Brad agrees ;)). I feel like my emotions are very much in control and I am happy!

Looking forward to: I have always loved the month of April. I've been looking forward to this month for forever and I am so excited that it is finally here! So many things happen that we get to celebrate: Easter, my birthday, finishing the semester, quitting work, etc. I feel like now that I have made it here the rest is easy.


And since I have been only talking about me recently here's an update on Brad:

 
Brad will finish school in about a week and then take finals. I am sure he ready for a little break before he starts spring and summer classes. Luckily this semester's course load hasn't been too bad but he is still very busy! He is currently working 20 hrs/week as a TA on campus for a Bio 100 class as well as 12 hrs/week as a dental assistant for an awesome dentist here in Provo. On top of all his work/school he is trying to get his applications all ready for dental school which he will apply to on June 1st. I think he studies dental schools more than school work....We are constantly talking about different places we would like to live for the next 4 years which makes everything feel a lot more real. He is planning on applying to about 15 schools, all of which we think he has a good shot at getting admitted. Here is a rough list of the schools he is thinking about:
 
-Midwestern- Glendale, AZ
-Loma Linda- Loma Linda, CA
-UCLA-LA, CA
-Western Health Science-Pomona, CA
-UCSF-SF, CA
-University of Pacific-SF, CA
-University of Colorado-Aurora, CO
-University of Florida-Gainesville, FL
-Creighton-Omaha, NE
-UNLV-Las Vegas, NV
-Oregon Health and Science-Portland,OR
-University of Utah-SLC, UT
-Virginia Commonwealth-Richmond, VI
 
I vote for a California school, but we will just have to see what happens:) I am trying to be as open minded as possible but we both REALLY want to go somewhere warm and sunny. We are excited about what is in store for us!
 
 

 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Move to Florida!!! Tell your hubby to go to that school so you can be closer to me and I can finally see you again after like 5 years!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a definite perk! I feel like it's been way more than 5 years though!! Are you living in Florida? Or near there?

    ReplyDelete