Monday, July 8, 2013

Proud To Be A Coons

We've had quite the exciting weekend over here in Provo, Utah. But who doesn't love the occasional no sleep, party hard, yummy food eating couple of days?

It all started on the 4th. I took both Thursday and Friday off of work because I have a bad case of FOMO and can't stand to miss anything that might be remotely fun. Brad and I slept in and then attended a body pump class at the gym. I had to beg him to come with me but I think he had fun:). The rest of the afternoon was spent on the couch watching episode after episode of Lost, our new obsession. We don't get a "we don't have to do anything today" day so we took advantage.

That evening all the Coons arrived into town so we met up at our new SIL's house in Provo for a BBQ. I LOVE it when family comes to town and it was good to all be reunited again.

After the BBQ we all hopped in cars and headed over to the infamous Stadium of Fire. Carly Rae Jepson and Kelly Clarkson were the main event. CRJ left something to be desired, but I've got a special place in my heart for Kelly. That girl can sing. I have never been to the Stadium of Fire before and it was fun to watch all the performances and feel the American Spirit. Oh, and there was a killer fireworks show after. Like the best I've ever seen. It was a good 4th.




**Switch gears to wedding mode

Friday morning Brad's sister Emily and I went and got our nails done at the beauty school. Good company. Bad paint job. Afterwards I went and relaxed by the pool before meeting up with Brad at the reception location to help set up. We all went home to get ready before meeting up for the rehearsal dinner.

The dinner was at Tucanos, an infamous Brazilian buffet. It's notorious for people having to be rolled out on stretchers for eating too much. It was such a nice dinner celebrating Donny and Maclaine's wedding. There was much love and support in the room.

Saturday morning we all got ready and headed up to SLC temple for the sealing. Larry Wilson, the Coons second father was able to seal Don and Maclaine. It was a special ceremony. And the bride and groom were beautiful together.

 

 




 



 

 

 


The reception was later that night at Maclaine's neighbors house. It was so lovely. Unfortunately Utah weather is the worst and it started pouring right as the reception started. Luckily ward members were there and saved the day by rounding up lots and lots of tents to shield us from the rain. It was still a huge party.


We love you Don and Maclaine!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Don and Maclaine! Maclaine is gorgeous! :)
    Ps. I'll read books with you and help you accomplish your New Year Reading Goal! :) What books do you like reading?

    ReplyDelete