Friday, January 4, 2013

It's The Thought That Counts...



I have lots and lots of blogging to catch up on from the Holidays, but it being the New Year I gotta start with a recap of my goals from 2012. I found that having a list of concrete goals really helped me accomplish what I wanted to. Here's how I did:


1. Consolidate my recipes and finish my book
I did start a book and put some recipes in it, but definitely not as much as I wanted to
Here's my excuse: Pinterest

2. Attend the temple twice a month
Twice a month might be stretching it, but we're trying! 

3. Start and finish my canvas project
Done and done:)

4. Read the Book of Mormon
We finished! New Years Eve at 10:30 pm:) 

5. Have and keep 5 clients by March
Accomplished!

6. Visit teach every month
It's amazing how much visiting teaching can bless your life. But it's not the numbers that count. So I am changing this goal to become a better visiting teacher. More helpful, friendly, caring, available etc. 

7. Print off blog for our one year anniversary
Decided I will wait until we have our first baby (that is NOT saying it will be soon). Then the book will be just the two of us. 

8. Start our food storage
Thanks to my mom and Costco I am pretty sure we could live for a whole month with the food in our house. I also stored some water using old coke bottles.

9. Maintain my GPA
Never thought I would do this....but 4 credits of an "A" from my internship helps:) 

10. Go camping
Yellowstone


11. Start automatic investing in our Roth account
We set up a biannual investment. We also plan to open some more investment funds. Yay for being adults...

12. Graduate college!
Wahoo!! I miss school terribly.

 

13. Go to Las VegasYaaaaaa. Once was enough for me. 

 

14. Run a marathon
Two within 2 months!!! My mom and 2 sisters have even thought of running one with me next year!
 

15. Invite at least 5 couples from our ward over for dinner
Do my sister and cousin count? They're both in my ward! 
I feel like that's cheating though.
We did invite one couple over before we moved from our old ward. We've been slacking in our new ward. Time to repent.
 

16. Be kind
I can thank Brad for this. He is so kind and I am learning from him

17. Experiment cooking with tofu
I made something with tofu in February. I don't remember what it was or how it tasted. It clearly wasn't scarring or overly delicious...

18. Make a budget for Brad and I and stick to it
Hasn't happened yet...we both are pretty good about spending money only make big purchases after much deliberation. Thanks to Brad's buyers remorse:)
 

19. Eat at least 6 servings of fruits and vegetables daily
I'm trying! Some days are better than others. 

19. Have FHE every week
Bad. Bad. Bad. We'll get there. 

 

20. Sew something
My sewing machine I got from my parents for Christmas should arrive in the mail today!!! So i'll have to get my sew on in 2013

21. Run any sort of triathlon
Didn't happen last year, but hopefully it will in 2013!
But we ride our bikes and run a lot! Next year...

22. Call every family member on their birthday
June was crazy. 4 birthdays in 1 week:)

23. Smile
"Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." 
-Mother Teresa
Amen.
 

24. Make and print wedding book
It's in the mail and I can't wait to see it!

25. Find a full time job when I graduate
 

You can find me at Planet Fitness in Orem:)










4 comments:

  1. Wow. Can't believe how full and beautiful your life is together! You two are inspiring! :)

    -Melanie Graham

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked it! I just posted my wrap-up of my goals, and I....did not rock it :) But always at least a baby step forward! And yes, I would love to run a race with you this next year. Let's plan it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a beast with those marathons whaaaaaat?!!?! 2 in 2 months. Sheesh! Also, I don't know how married and childless couples do FHE since it seems like you essentially have FHE every night, hanging out and stuff. I miss you coons! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I'm not one of the two sisters who are thinking about running a marathon with you this year....

    ReplyDelete