Monday, May 14, 2012

There's No Place Like Home

I was an irresponsible ALMOST graduated college student and left all my responsibilities in Provo to go home for the weekend. There were too many things happening and with my bad case of FOMO (fear of missing out) I had to take to the trip. I was sad that Brad couldn't come with me, but someone has to be responsible and work, right?

On Thursday night Kara had a baby shower with the family. Aubrey (her sister in law) threw it for her. She got lots more cute clothes and baby items. After having withdrawals from the lack of wedding presents not coming i'm thinking I need to get on this baby thing...



 

 
The Woman's Rugby Team was also in town for the national championships. They ended up losing on Friday to Penn State (the eventual champs), but it was a great game and fun to be there and support them. 



 

I was also able to see my two long time friends Sam and Morgan (Mo). We all started playing together four years ago and made lots of good memories. After seeing Sam's battle scars from the game (7 stitches) you can understand why Mo and I retired early;). Mo is going to Chiropractic school in San Jose with her husband, Sam is moving out to Maryland with her engineering degree, and ill be staying in Provo. It's crazy where life takes us, but i'm sure we'll stay good friends.

  
                                                                                       

Then on Saturday I spent the afternoon with the Coons. Teresa and all us girls went out for a Mother's Day outing and we had a blast. My favorite part of the adventure was running out of gas on the freeway...serious. All the girls got out and pushed the car to the nearest gas station in 90 degree heat. Good thing we all have a good sense of humor and laughed the whole time. 


 


After finally getting to Walnut Creek we spent hours shopping and then went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. I am so lucky to have such awesome in laws that I feel so comfortable and loved by. 


I hate that Brad and I live so far away from out families, but hopefully someday we will be able to live closer. Dental School's in California better love Brad.





No comments:

Post a Comment