Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yummm

I'm not a big fan of posting recipes on the blog, but I found and made this dish last night and it was to die for. It sounds kinda weird, but I promise you, it was delicious.

Spaghetti Squash with Edamame Cilantro Pesto:






Ingredients:

 1 (2 1/2-pound) spaghetti squash 

Cooking spray 

1/8 tsp coarse sea salt, plus additional 1/4 tsp for pesto
Garlic powder, to taste
2 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth 
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 
3 garlic cloves, minced 
1 pound frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed 
1/8 cup (1/2 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese 




Directions
 1. Preheat oven to 350°.  Cut squash in half and discard seeds (or reserve to toast which is what I did!).  Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place cut sides down.  Bake 1 hour.  Let cool and scrape inside of squash.  Season with 1/8 tsp sea salt and garlic powder, to taste.
2. Place cilantro through edamame plus 1/4 tsp sea salt in a food processor.  Pulse until combined well.  
3. Serve pesto over spaghetti squash and sprinkle with cheese.



You wont be disappointed:)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I will definitely try it out and let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! Another one of your recipes I will definitely try. And I am a big fan of you posting recipes on your blog. It will just help me out! :)

    ReplyDelete