Thursday, January 19, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham...Cauliflower Style

Ok so I just have to post about a new recipe I tried tonight...cauliflower tater tots! Cauliflower is one of the only vegetables I really just do not like, but I have decided recently that I was going to learn to love it. I thought I had found this genius recipe for cauliflower mashed potatoes, but, turns out they were disgusting. Really disgusting. It totally made me gag. But, I wouldn't let that stop me so kept my cauliflower puree and decided to experiment. I found another recipe for tater tots and tried my luck. I cannot believed they turned out so yummy tasty. I can now say I like cauliflower! (kinda) 


I found the recipe online, but I changed it up a little bit so here it is:

Ingredients:

2 heads cauliflower
1/3 cup milk (fat free)
1 Tbsp butter (opt)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
4 egg whites
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup flour
Oil

Directions:

-Place cauliflower in bowl and pour milk and butter over cauliflower.

-Microwave for 4 minutes. Stir. Then microwave for another 5.

-Place cooked cauliflower in food processor and add s&p and garlic power. Puree until finely ground.

-Meanwhile, in a bowl beat four egg white until stiff peaks are formed.

-Fold in egg whites to cauliflower puree. Then add flour and parmesan cheese and mix well.

-Heat up a pan on stove (I used non-stick so I didn't have to use a bunch of oil). Pour small amount of oil onto pan.

-Scoop cauliflower puree into ziploc bag and cut off one corner. Pipe out puree onto pan.

-Cook both sides until brown and enjoy!

I promise you it is the most delicious way to eat vegetables. You could totally trick your kids into eating cauliflower and they will love it! Happy healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment