Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Being home for Thanksgiving was the best thing ever. Brad and I ran around like chickens with our heads cut off for 5 days trying to spend time with family and friends. It was a little bit crazy and we both ended up getting sick from the mayhem, but so worth it. Our days were spent eating, shopping, running, and watching football. Cant expect anything less from the holidays:)

 On Thanksgiving day we ran in a turkey trot in Walnut Creek with my mom and Jacob. Brad and I both got PR's with him finishing in 46 min and me 48 min. We were pretty excited. I used to be able to beat him when we ran together, he kicks my trash now. 

 

 

 

We had dinner at the Coons home (my family came over too) and ate tons and tons of delicious food. My mother in law is the best cook. I have high expectations to live up to. 


After dinner the "hardcores" went out to Black Friday shop. We hit up Wal-Mart and Target, the two craziest stores. I almost died of claustrophobia in Wal-Mart...I think I might skip that one next year. The picture doesn't even do justice to the mad house it was. 

 




It was such a good vacation. There is just nothing like being at home with family. The whole week I kept telling Brad how happy I was to be home. We're back at school now trying to focus hard for the next two weeks so we can go back home and party some more. It's difficult. Finals don't exist in my mind. Neither do good grades. I need some motivation and it better come quick.  


3 comments:

  1. Oh, man, I can't wait to be with all you guys at Christmas!! Way to go on PR'ing (I just made up that word) the Turkey Trot - you rock! And I noticed that you mentioned mom's running, but only your MIL cooking ability... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya on the sweaty genes, babe.

    You look so wonderful and happy!
    xo
    kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you know exactly how it feels then:) Miss you! Lets get together sometime soon ya?

    ReplyDelete