Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference weekend

This week was pretty crazy with midterms and school. Brad had 3 tests last week and I have 3 this upcoming week so we're studying hard and trying to stay on top of everything.

On friday night we went up to Salt Lake for Brad's mission reunion. I loved meeting all the people he has been telling me about. Everyone made sure to tell told me how lucky I am to be married to him:) His mission president we pretty surprised to find out that Brad is already married and told him, "I like a man that gets things done!" Haha

On Saturday we had a wonderful surprise while taking our morning run...we ran into one of our best friend's Ryan Curtis who is in the MTC right now! He was just finishing up running with his companion. I promise it wasn't planned. It was so good to see him and he seems so happy. He spoke to us a little bit in Portuguese and he seems very excited to get out into the field.
Saturday afternoon we went up to SLC again for General Conference with Kara and Taylor for the Saturday afternoon and priesthood session. I love that we get to hang out with them:)
 

I love going to Conference and feeling the spirit so strongly. The testimony's given by the prophets and apostles are undeniable and I always leave feeling so uplifted. I am so grateful for a living prophet and for this gospel! The joy we feel in this life would be so temporary without it.

4 comments:

  1. I always get happy when I see that you blogged! :) I'm jealous that you got to actually go to Conference. We are missing Utah and all the benefits of being there. Live it up while you are there but then come back to CA soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Emily. If you don't blog, I have not idea what is happening! I loved Conference, and I am so happy to find out that you went! What did you and Kara do during Priesthood session? Love you.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that you got to go :) Looks like you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss you guys!! We both CANNOT wait for Thanksgiving to see everyone.The countdown has begun.

    ReplyDelete